Don’t forget lipstick at airport security
Posted by Patrick Woolmer on Thu 24th July 2008 at 06:00 AM, Filed in Travel Tips
Before going through airport security with my wife and child I was reminded of the security measures still in place. Some of which I had forgotten about, other’s I was unaware of.
Here are some reminders:
1. If you’re carrying any form of liquid in your hand luggage, this has to go into a plastic bag for presentation at security.
2. You will be asked to sip the liquid if it’s a drink for you or your baby. To be honest, all other liquids are better off going into hold luggage.
3. I was surprised to learn that things like lipstick, creams and pastes also have to go into the plastic bags before security.
4. Some airports insist on belt buckles being removed and x-rayed.
5. Some airports select passengers for checks on shoes. I can’t imagine that this is a pleasant job…...
6. You will always be asked to take your laptop out of it’s bag before being x-rayed. This may well apply to other electrical devices.
7. Be careful not to pack objects that are sharp and that might be construed to have malicious purpose. For instance, I purposely avoid packing sharp scissors in hand luggage.
8. For the smoker - you must remember to not take a lighter on board.
9. Be sensible. If you think that an item may cause an issue - double check security guidelines for the airport your flying out from and don’t forget the airport you’re flying back from. Security measures can differ from country to country.
10. If you’re acting nervously or suspiciously - don’t be surprised to be pulled to one side for a thorough check over. Try and act normal and keep calm for a smooth ride through security.
This entry has been viewed 1148 times.
No comments yet.